Updated: Oct 22, 2021
Please Draft the Front Bodice first, as some measurements are related. Thanks.
Measurements you will need (Feel free to work in Inches or Cm)
• Full length Front (Shoulder to waist)
• Full length Back
• Hip depth
• Centre Back
• Across shoulder
• Bust Depth (Shoulder to Bust)
• Full Bust
• Upper Bust
• Across Chest
• Across Back
• Full Waist
• Apex width (Bust span)
• Arm hole
The Back Bodice Draft
1. Line A – B = Back full length Measurement
2. Line B - C = Hip depth measurement
3. Square out short guide lines from points A, B and C
4. Point B - D = Centre Back measurement
5. Line A – E = Half Across Shoulder Measurement (perpendicular to Line AB)
6. Line E – F = Square down a guide line for about 2 1/2 inches (6.25cm)
7. Line A – G = Neck width measurement
8. Line G - H = Shoulder Measurement. From point G, draw a line touching line EF.
9. From point G, draw a guide line at right angles to the shoulder line
10. Line G - D = Join with a curved line to form neckline.
11. Line B - I = Back Waist Measurement plus the Dart width
12. To establish the width of the Back, Square out a guideline from the Centre Back line (along line AB). This guideline equals Back Bust Measurement. Mark as *.
From *, square another guideline above and below this point.